The world shaking and world changing revelation for Albert Schweitzer was “reverence of life” as a first principle in 1915 while on a barge on the Ogowe River as the barge made its way through a herd on hippopotamuses. Not just reverence for humanity, as important as that is, but reverence for all life on the planet. It is out of such reverence that the desire to repair the world is born.
Join us during the month of October as we explore the theme of Reverence!
Make sure to subscribe to This Week at AUUF to receive this month’s issue of the Touchstones Journal and other resources about this month’s theme!
Ways to Engage Reverence
- Theme Services:
- October 3, 2021: “A Reverence for Life: An Animal Blessing Service”, Rev. Chris Rothbauer
- October 10, 2021: “A Reverence for the Earth”, Rev. Chris Rothbauer
- Second Hours will focus on Reverence throughout the month.
- Covenant Groups will be discussing the theme at our meetings this month.
- Facebook and Instagram Posts: Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for daily quotes on our October theme.