Our first principle affirms “the inherent worth and dignity of every person.” This principal affirms the amazing reality that we call life. To be alive and to savor existence on this planet is the most incredible thing that we will ever experience. Love, success, and all the other possibilities are secondary to simply being alive. This principle also reflects the hopes that we have for the unfolding of the incredible potential of each person, as well as our collective aspiration for the good life in which everybody can participate and share.
Join us during the month of September as we explore what it means to affirm the worth and dignity of all people.
Exploring Worth & Dignity
Make sure to subscribe to the AUUF Connect List to receive this month’s issue of the Touchstones Journal and other resources about this month’s theme!
Ways to Engage Worth and Dignity This Month
- Theme Services:
- September 20, 10:00 am, “We are Worthy Simply Because We Exist“, Sunday Services Committee
- September 27, 10:00 am, “That All May Be Saved: 250 Years of Universalism in America”, Rev. Chris Rothbauer
- Second Hours:
- September 6, 11:15 am: Article Discussion: “From Dignity to Reverence” by Abraham Joshua Heschel, facilitated by Jim Bradley
- September 13, 11:15 am: Video Discussion: “The Dignity Economy” by Robert Blaine, facilitated by Chris Basgier
- September 27, 11:15 am: Social Justice Focus: North American Indigenous People and the First Principle, facilitated by Jim Bradley
- Social Justice Focus: North American Indigenous People and the First Principle
- Covenant Groups will be discussing the theme at our meetings this month.
- Facebook and Instagram Posts: Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for daily quotes on our September theme!