Auburn Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (AUUF) seeks to hire two Nursery and Children Caregivers at our Auburn, Alabama campus for 3 hours per week on Sunday mornings starting in August, 2021 to:
- Open and set up the nursery (i.e. check for cleanliness, organize activity areas) and ensure the absence of any hazards.
- Greet parents and children upon arrival, and particularly welcome first-time visitors, providing overview of nursery operation, and allowing parent to remain with the child until comfortable with the setting.
- Ensure that parents sign children in and out of the nursery and that visitors complete nursery forms.
- Consult with parents regarding the child’s health history, allergies, and any other concerns regarding the child’s well-being while in the care of the nursery.
- Engage children in supervised activities as designated by the Coordinator of Religious Exploration and Religious Exploration Committee.
- Ensure children are safe and in designated areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have prior experience caring for children in a group setting, or college degree in education, youth or family human services or similar major
- A clear background check
- CPR and First Aid certification is also recommended
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: AUUF Childcare Search, P.O. Box 669, Auburn, AL 36831.
AUUF is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, a liberal religious group based in Boston, Massachusetts.
For a complete job description, please click here.